Monday, August 8, 2011

Samson, did you miss me?


I'm back! I've uploaded some of my photos for your viewing enjoyment. Or something like that.

This is my mother and I at John's Pass boardwalk somewhere in St. Petersburg, FL.








My dad's brother and his family came to visit us the day I got there. They live fairly close to where my parents are staying in St. Pete. My aunt is an outstanding cook and brought us the best food from home I've had in a looooooooooooong time.









Here's my family lookin' all cute in Marion, NC. This was taken in a series of really funny, but not so amazing shots of our family after the wedding rehearsal. I figured this one was the best of the bunch.









Pre-wedding fun. That's my brother Ryan to the left, and David on the right. David's the one who got married.

I told them to make faces and this is what they came up with.











David watching Megan walk down the aisle.











Dad did the second part of the ceremony.












Aren't they adorable? I think so.
Mr. and Mrs. David Smit!












That's my Aunt Susan, my mom's sister, on the left, and my Aunt Millie, my parents co-worker from Suriname, on my right. I hadn't seen either of these aunts in many, many years....








SO there you have it! I hope I get a copy of the photographer's photos at some point. Well, I arrived back in Taiwan a couple of days ago, Saturday morning, after a wildly turbulent flight from Tokyo. Somehow I managed to sleep a record 7 hours in the airplane on the way to Tokyo from LA, so when I got to Taichung, I was feeling pretty good for such a long trip! I didn't sleep much Saturday night, but last night when I went to bed, I slept for hooouuurrsss like a rock.

I'm extremely thankful I got to go see my family, but I'm also very very happy to be back home. I missed my tea, my cat, my bed, and my friends. Although Samson has gotten significantly more vocal since I've been gone. He is now staring out the balcony window at the heavily downpouring rain, thunder, and lightening, and I can only imagine what is going through his fluffly little head. "Hm... my plan to take over the world has again been thwarted! When will victory be mine!?" He doesn't know I'm on to him.

These next couple of months will be ones of transition for me into a new schedule of classes and teaching. I'm so excited, but at the same time, it makes me nervous to start new, unfamiliar things. And it's scary to have such a significantly lower income than I'm used to. So far, I'm doing well, thanks to help from family and friends. I'm constantly amazed at the way God takes care of me. He's never let me down yet, and I don't expect He will.

I'm going to go forage for food now, so I wish you all a happy week! Zai jian!














No comments:

Post a Comment