Monday, July 18, 2011

Of Summer Fun and Friends


I *heart* summer! For the last few weeks, I've had the greatest time hanging out and exploring Taiwan with great people.
Jaime, the blond on the left, is my roommate.
Aaron, the guy on the right, is the new Dolphin teacher. They both came three weeks ago to work for JacksonFive.








We went to Taichung Harbor and saw all manners of strange sea creatures for sale. I didn't take pictures of them. Just of us. :) We also ate lunch at the harbor, which was a fun ordeal that involved Jaime and I watching a cute puppy while Aaron bravely ordered our lunch through a lot of hand gestures and saying things like "no soup! no soup!"







Kenting!!

People who wear huge sunglasses are super cool.


















The waves were awful. I tried to brave them, and got slammed all over the place and ended up with a head full of salt water, decided it wasn't fun to do that, so I wandered around and took a few pictures instead.










It was kind of rainy while we were there, but beautiful nonetheless.












This is most of our group in Kenting - left to right: Jacob (our ITPS team leader in Taiwan and friend; me; Aaron; Jaime; and Anna, Jacob's cousin visiting from California).

Mandy, Jacob's wife, was there but not in this photo.








This is a missionary retreat center that visiting missionaries and teachers can rent while on visit to Kenting. They also do retreats and conferences and stuff here. It reminds me so much of other missionary homes I've stayed in, makes me so happy. The guy's wife who runs the place cooks all the meals, and they are AMAZING. Now I'm hungry.









We visited the "Museum of Marine Biology" in Kenting, which is fancy words for "big ol' aquarium".












Jaime and I hanging out on Art Street. We discovered a cute little..um..some sort of restaraunt.. I don't know what kind of food it was, like vegetarian pasta stuff, but it was pretty great. Just like us.






Animals make me happy. Scooters make me happy. So this pictures makes me double happy.












Samson has claimed this chair as his own.










So... three weeks into summer already! I've been having way too much fun for my own good. And this Saturday.... I get to fly back to the States! I haven't been to the US in over two years, and I haven't seen my family all together with both my brothers in about 6 years! My amazing awsesome super wonderful friends in Alaska, and my mighty amazing super wonderful God worked together to pool airline miles and money to get me tickets to Florida to meet my parents and drive up to my brother David's wedding in North Carolina.

It's still pretty overwhelming that this worked out for me. It's a little surreal. So this week I'm trying to figure out what to pack and how to take a bus to the airport in Taipei and all those little things that come along with travelling.

Well, as far as summer projects go, I've been kind of practicing the guitar, but no work has been done on the website or any other stuff I wanted to do. But it's ok. I think there will be time for all that in August. :)

It's raining pretty hard. And I'm inside my living room bloggering and listening to Josh Groban. The only thing that would make right now even better is a cup of tea. I think I'll go work on that.

Next time I post, I'll probably be in the US or back in Taiwan with lots to tell about my trip to David's wedding! Stay tuned.....

Zai jian!









No comments:

Post a Comment