Sunday, July 3, 2011

last days of a Taiwan teacher..part 1 - Dolphins!

Whoa. Last days of a Taiwan teacher sounds kind of like... I'm dying or something. Actually, June 30th was my last day at JacksonFive, at least in the afternoon classes. So here's my day..
Two of my cute Dolphins pose Taiwan-style with the peace sign and everything.





They made cards for me last week and bombarded me with them at the beginning of our second class. It's a skill to pluck 18 franticly waving cards from the air whilst battling to stand upright amongst 18 small children all trying to get their arms around your waist.


But I did it somehow.











We played a game for prizes. They got to draw their prizes after the game. I just love these two photos because the looks on little Gary and Shawn's faces are so funny to me. The guy in the green holding the box is the new Dolphin teacher, Aaron. He helped me take most of these photos. Obviously, not these particular two, since he's in them..











During break time (which went well into Real Class Time), we posed for some happy snaps.






































































OH! Louie! My little Louie was my special little guy. I always made him blush by saying "oh Loouuiiee! I loooveee you!!" but I know he liked it. :)







Class photos































Sillies...














Making hearts! (well. Two of the boys in the back are actually making triangles. On purpose.)










I got tackled after the class photos. I knocked poor Edward on the head with my teeth. However, he's none the worse for the wear.

























More photos to follow of the Bumblebees...



Oh, in other newsy news, Lady Gaga was here in concert not two hours ago. Here, as in Taichung, at the amphitheater park right across from Banner church. I did not attend. I sat here and uploaded photos. This, I thought, was a more worthy way to spend my time than attending a free Lady Gaga concert with 24,000 other people at an amphitheater designed for 8000.
If, however, Josh Groban had been in concert tonight, I would have not only fought my way to the front of the amphitheater, I would actively be hunting him down at his private after party right now to proclaim my undying love for him.

Whew. Good thing it wasn't Josh Groban. Or these photos might never have made it onto my blog. :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment