Thursday, June 16, 2011

Outback comes to town!

Yes! Indeed! A cause for joyful celebration and mournful lamenting that I'm on such a strict budget that I can only afford one steak dinner per year! Outback steakhouse has come to town! and not just to town, but right across the street from my house!!!
Prior to this, the closest Outback was in Taipei, a three hour drive to the north. *sigh*... and now, I know exactly what I want for my birthday. :)

I also went grocery shopping tonight, which doesn't sound like fun, but considering I almost never go grocery shopping, it was fun. I usually just get something ready made like noodles or a dinner box at the cheap-o MSG laden buffet down the street. Or frozen food from 7-11 which is even less healthy than the cheap-o MSG laden dinner boxes.
But I had these gift certificates for a fancy department store left from Christmas from my boss, and I remembered that there is also a fancy supermarket in the basement of this fancy department store. So I went to check it out. It was, indeed, quite fancy. And expensive. But they had such Things!! Things like baked beans in tomato sauce, of the perfect variety for Toast!! I have not seen baked beans in Taiwan until this. I bought all they had, which was only two cans.
I will be living on sandwiches and pasta and beans, but I'm stocked up! And the best part, I used my gift certificates and thus extended the life of my budget for this month. O happy day..
I also won $200 NT in the Taiwan receipt lottery this month (which is the equivalent of...like $6 USD or so..). But it's better than nothing!
That's really all I had to report. And now I'm going to go make beans on Toast. YAH!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment