Friday, June 24, 2011

Adventures in naughty students and snails in my dinner box

Whew. Today's been a rough one. I went into work today a little saddened because this is my last working Friday with my afternoon kiddies, and Fridays are usually the "good day" of the week because we get to do all the fun stuff, like music and arts/crafts, and storytime. It's the "fun" day.
Wellllll I suppose due to end-of-the-year excitement, and final exam stress, and who knows what else, the kids were off the wall, Tigger-bouncy, wiggly wild little children. Who replaced my beautifully behaved Dolphins with these kids?!? I handled it alright in music class, where they bounced all over the place singing at the top of their lungs.
I handled it in arts and crafts when they wanted to glue ALL the die cuts in the box to their thank-you-teacher cards.
But in storytime, when I was trying very hard to impart God's truth about the last fruit of the spirit, "self-control" (of all things), I couldn't handle it anymore. My co-teacher Jamie is usually quiet good at maintaining discipline, but she had a lot of translation work to do so she was out of the class most of the day.
Waggh! They were turning around backwards to me, laughing at each other, making faces, yelling things out, interrupting...
So I gave them a "talk". A most stern "talk" about respect and such things. I almost never have stern "talks" with them. They were very sorrowful afterwards and did apologize and I forgave them.
But then I was all sad that my last Friday with them went such a way. *sniff*
On Monday, I get to tell them they have a new teacher next year. Not only that, but New Teacher is a Boy!! I think I will have some really happy students and some really sad students at that news. Mostly, the girls will be really sad, and the boys will be really happy.
In other news, one of our new J5 teachers arrived today. Her name is also Jaime. She'll be living here at the apartment with Amy, Beth and I. Yah for new friends!
In other other news, there's a typhoon heading this way. hm.
Oh, adventures in snails. I had spicy snails in my dinner box tonight. Did I ask for them? No. They were one of the standard sides for the night I guess. Did I try them? I'd like to think I'm a very adventurous sort of person. I ate stinky tofu once and it wasn't bad. But..spicy snails... *cough* are not for me. If that makes me not adventurous, then..so be it.
This weekend's plan includes a BBQ lunch for goodbye for the year with J5 staff; cell group and church as usual; dinner with the roomates; and battling the rain that we're supposed to get all weekend from Typhoon...something.
AGH! Summer's really truly here!?!?! Scary!
HAHAHAHAHAHA I posted this and then read the title again, and thought I should clarify something. The spicy snails were in my dinner box. The naughty students were not in my dinner box.
HAHAHAHA... oh my, I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment