Thursday, June 18, 2009

Enter: The Adventures of FLAT Sharon!




Flat Sharon's first adventure is The Packing Adventure. I have discovered one of the most indispensable packing Items ever: Hefty 2.5 gallon Zip Top Bags. As Flat Sharon is demonstrating in the picture here, I have managed to fit my entire wardrobe into these amazing zippy bags and condense all the air out of them! I now have very nice, very flat rolled up clothes all ready to put in my humongous duffel bag. Hoo-rah for me. :)
okay, I just uploaded my second picture and I don't know why the "Blog" keeps sticking my uploaded pictures in funny places so I can't label them properly. I need to figure this out. Anyway, that other picture up there is of me and my other two Amigos, Amy & Lenore who were hired at Kenai DPA at the same time as me. *sniff* gonna miss these guys! They made me Flat Sharon who will appear in many a Blog photo to come. So..those of you who aren't familiar with the "Flat Family" (for example, Flat Stanley), these are Flat paper doll People who get mailed around the world. I think they originated in elementary schools for like, pen pals, but when I heard about Flat Stanley I thought that was the most funny idea ever. There's a much longer story here about how we made Flat supervisor dolls at work and...anyway! I don't feel like typing so much as it would take to tell the story. So as a parting gift from my thoughtful co-workers, I got my very own Flat Sharon to take as a travel companion. :)
I leave in a week! Thanks for all your prayers! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Stranger!
    A note on the pictures- blogger loads them at the top of your post, and you can cut and paste. That is what I do. Now, I haven't been able to get too fancy with labels and such, as the one time I tried, it messed up my post and I ended up with nothing. I was miffed. =)

    ReplyDelete