Monday, December 5, 2011

stuff

Today, I accomplished... absolutely... nothing. Nothing! I woke up with a headache, ate some food, watched a tv show, and went back to sleep in an effort to rid myself of said headache. It didn't work, and now I am ten minutes into waiting for my excedrin to work whilst I complain to my blogging world about my headache.
Isn't life great?
Ok, on brighter notes.
Last Saturday a group of friends from my church went to a.. thanksgiving? ... christmas?.. something holiday-ish program thing at a home for the elderly that a guy from somebody's cell group works at. A group of about six of us had been practicing this song/dance routine thing for like two months, and we finally performed it for the old folks. I think probably half of them could actually see us, and of those, maybe five of them liked it. I just watched the video on Facebook, and we definitely were better than I thought we were! Later when my friend Jacob gave a message and invitation to know Jesus, maybe eight or nine old folks wanted to be prayed for. So all in all, it was a very long, somewhat awkward afternoon, but with grand results for those seven or eight old folk.
Also, it's finally December! I have decided to make most of my Christmas presents myself this year, in an effort to save monies. I think they will all turn out rather well, however, making myself get to work to finish them before christmas eve will be a tricky thing. Today, for example, I had planned to finish two projects that are in the works. Did I lift a finger to finish anything? Nope.
Also, my birthday is a week from today. This means... well, not much! I actually haven't got a plan of any sort for my Real birth day, the 12th, except to probably finish some christmas projects. One of my roommates, Beth, also shares the 12th with me as her birthday, and our other mutual friend Mandy is having her c-section on the morning of the 12th as well to have her baby boy. So I think Beth is planning something or other for her birthday, but I have not a plan for me. I think a few days after my birthday some friends and I will go to a steakhouse for dinner instead.
Every year, I find, birthdays are less and less exciting, especially when so much else is going on and other people share the same birthday and are more excited to celebrate theirs. I think birthdays are something more special for kids than grown ups. I'm happy just to go eat some steak.
So far in the works this next coupla months are: a birthday/bridal shower for a friend this weekend; JacksonFive christmas program on Sunday (which I get to watch this year and not be involved in! yay!); Beth/Me/Baby Moore birthday stuff maybe; strawberry picking next weekend in Mioli; Christmas programs at the church; Christmas eve/Day; roomate Amy's birthday; New Years; friend's wedding in Kenting in the beginning of January; Chinese New Year trip planned back to Hualien and Taroko Gorge.
I'll keep you posted.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment