Monday, October 8, 2012

Here I am!

I'm really sorry I'm so bad at maintaining this blog! I think about updating it often, but... um.. I get otherwise distracted. I have now about half an hour before I have to go to work, and I just downed a large mug of coffee, so I am ready to take action! I don't remember the last post I wrote and I wasn't smart enough to go read it before I clicked on "create new post", so um... oops.
  Well, anyway, most of you know this, but the big newsy news since last time I posted is that *drumroll please*.... I am engaged! Yes, yes. *insert fireworks here* Aaron proposed on August 9th, which was the one year anniversary of our first date. A very obvious day to propose, and thus I figured he wouldn't do it then because he'd want it to be a surprise. So in an ironic way, it WAS a big surprise, because I completely just knew he wouldn't propose on such an obvious day and I was wrong. I told most people already, but the quick version:
  I was sitting at my desk at school marking papers, and a string of students kept coming by my desk to drop off 50 NT coins from Aaron (he knows I like the 50's because they are large and gold colored and they feel heavy like pirate gold so I like to collect them in a jar at home) and he has this game he's played all year where he'll hand a student a 50 coin to go sneakily plop on my desk and they think its all funny and stuff. So anyway, 50's kept coming periodically to my desk and I was like "ha, ha, very funny guys, again.." Then one student (my secret favorite student of all time from my first class, the Bumblebees) came to plop something on my desk that did not sound like a 50 coin. When I saw it was a ring I thought Mason had given me a toy from a gumball machine, but when I turned around to question him I saw Aaron coming to my desk, put two and two together with the day's date, realized it was a real ring, and remember saying 'REALLY! You're doing this HERE?!?!?" And from there I don't remember much else other than saying "ok" when he asked if I would marry him. And then I remember looking up and seeing my boss, Jackson trying to hide behind some books with a camcorder. HAHAHA that was REALLY funny actually.
   So there you have it. We are planning the wedding for summer 2013, most likely in July. We will have a small wedding at Aaron's home on the Cape. More details to follow when I know them! :)
  Other than THAT, things have been going on a usual here. I've chosen this year's Christmas songs for my class, and am trying valiently to not be anxious about how many words they need to memorize in these songs in the next two months. They are so small and really not great at English yet, so I worry they won't be ready in time. But somehow all the classes pull it off every year, so I know we'll do it again too.
  We're off again on the spiral to the holiday season, and I'm wondering what to do for my birthday this year. I say I'm turning 25 again, because that's what I wish! But actually this year is my 30th and it falls on 12/12/12. OH! I ought to do something spectacular. But I suspect I will have mixed feelings about the end of my 20's and the grey hairs on my head will suddenly become a bigger deal than they really are, and I will be grumpy that it is my birthday. But maybe I won't be. The only thing I've decided, is that I want to eat steak. I have made this clear to Aaron and probably a number of other people. But I'm still techinally in my 20's right NOW so I will stop thinking about my birthday and relish the last few days of my youth.  :D
   Um... what else. Aaron and I will start our pre-marital counseling this weekend. I'm making BLT's for dinner tonight. Samson is getting fat. Our toilet is broken. I'm learning how to make excellent coffee and will buy a coffee grinder this week to start using beans instead of cheap-o stuff. The weather's getting chillier. I'm wearing both a pink shirt AND a headband today! (really, two things I NEVER do). I have a new white watch. I had some good fried mushrooms this weekend.
   That's about all the news from me! Hope everybody else is doing well too! I have to go to work now!  :)

  

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a lot of un-Sharon like things! Good job broadening your. . . whatever. Wardrobe? What a fun engagement story, I can't believe I didn't even ask! Duh. Thank you for sharing it anyway :) Argh, now my children are crying, I think they bonked heads. I better go cut their hairs and bathe them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Itis good to read your view blog. How I enjoyed your personality? Like becuse how good to see it you are very beautiful. Very beautiful woman have a lot of fun and you are nice, kind and hilarity. Am reading your blog is always make lightening-hearted and you too. TOo good and interesting forever too. peace and love,

    Pavel

    ReplyDelete