Sunday, June 17, 2012

Oh my!

Oh! Oh my! It's been two months since last I posted! I'm terribly sorry! I sort of forgot I had a blog! You people who check my blog ought to poke me on Facebook and remind me to write stuff sometimes. :)
However, nothing fantastically interesting has happened in the past two months, so you need not fear you have missed super important details of my life. You have not. I assure you, you have not!
  Here's what I recall:
     -I finished my Chinese class and received a passing grade of 92, which considering how I studied for terrifically difficult exams and managed to range between 80 and 95 on most of them, I think is pretty good.
    -I finished tutoring my two business English students last week *sniff*, which I will miss somewhat. It was a nice class and a nice source of extra income, but I don't want to continue next year while I will be teaching more hours. This week they're treating me to dinner at Outback steakhouse across the street from my house, as a thanks. Whoo hoo!
   - I just noticed I can't 'block' the text of a blog entry, which bothers me greatly, as I much prefer all my sentences line up on both the left and the right sides. :(
   -I caught a Cockroach (with a capital C for bigness of size), in my room last night, which I sprayed to death liberally with Doom.. er, which I sprayed liberally with Doom while screaming, and my roommate actually came to finish spraying it to death, and it died in a grisly dance in Samson's litter box. As both Samson's littler box, and his water/food bowls had by then also been sprayed liberally with Doom, I went to the pet store and bought new litter, scrubbed the box, scrubbed all the dishes, and cleaned everything up. This was at like 1 in the morning. O the joy of a tropical climate in rainy season..
    -Now I continue to have the creepies at the thought of more Cockroaches potentially being present in said room.
    -I got my new ARC which means I'm legal to stay here until July 2013. Whee..!
    -New ITPS family is arriving in a week and a half, with two small children. I'm in charge of teaching them a few introductory basic Chinese words and phrases. Oo!
   -Finished my US taxes, and since THIS year I haven't got ANY bank accounts/credit cards open in the US, I had no way to pay TurboTax (which I always use), and couldn't use free TurboTax because I had to file a form 2555 for foreign earned income and it wouldn't let it do that free, so I went to the IRS website and downloaded the two forms I needed and filled them out all by my little self, and mailed them in hoping they would forgive any potential mistakes because I am a little person making little monies in a little country. You think?
    -I won 400 NT dollars in the Taiwan Receipt Lottery! Google that if you want, it's too long to explain here!
   -No more subbing, everyone stayed healthy. Aaron and I leave in two weeks for the Cape. We catch a bus from here at 3:30 in the morning to Taoyuan airport. THAT will be unpleasant, but once we get there it'll be great fun!
  -I had some good meatballs tonight.
That's all! Here's fingers crossed hoping I remember to blog sooner than two months away next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment