Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Adventures in Blogging

As you see, I have updated my blog (thanks Corrie and cutestblogontheblock.com)! I figured it was high time for a change. I'm not sure about the font though, I'm thinking perhaps it might be too hard to read? Leave me some feedback.
Well I had a whole bunch of things to blog about tonight, but then I got kind of caught up in changing my background and now it's almost 2am and I think I'd better go to bed.

List of Happy Things that have Happened This Week:
1.) My students all capitilized the first letter of their sentences and put periods at the end of all their sentences today. This is a great breakthrough, made possible only by the wonderful JacksonFive point (coupon) system, whereby they purchase cool Things with the coupons they earn in class. They earned five coupons each (kind of a lot) by remembering to capitilize and period their sentences today, but only if every single student remembered to do it to all their sentences, otherwise nobody got any coupons. They rocked. I'm so proud.
2.) I started meeting with my Chinese tutor today and learning the Chinese phonics (whoa, so hard).
3.) Went to the E1 weekend at Banner church (kind of the membership class, where they explain the vision of the church and go over things like how much God loves us and presenting the gospel (mostly for brand new beleivers, but a requirement for anybody wishing to become a member). Good stuff. Banner church has a great vision and has experienced tremendous growth over the past few years. They are planning to one day send thousands of missionaries into China and Chinese communities worldwide.
4.) Bought bamboo - happy!
5.) I'm really tired.
6.) Goodnight!
7.) (Don't forget to comment on my new font - yay or nay!)

2 comments:

  1. Font works fine for me. It looks normal, it is just a different color. . . but stands out enough. I do have to say though- your blog may be a little pinker than I would have anticipated. Well, I better get back to watching House parent a mouse with my son. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the font is fine! I personally love the whole look...but I'm kinda partial to pink ;) I love the blog Sharon, can't wait to catch up on it all! Makes me want to go visit :D

    ReplyDelete